‘Hip Hop Instrumentals’ is a laid-back selection of replica vintage Breaks, Beats, Basses and lush Musical Elements from the studio of London’s Chemo. Chemo, or Telemachus is a London based record producer and recording artist named after a “25 foot tall vaguely man-shaped plastic vessel” cartoon character created by DC Comics.
His studio, Kilamanjaro Studios has a reputation as a hub of the British Hip Hop scene.
Chemo began as a producer and DJ for South London group ‘Frontline’ along with MCs Syanyde and LeEo. Alongside rapper Conflix he created the Character Assassins series of mix tapes which were notable for featuring ‘Assassin Sessions’ which were recordings made in one take to simulate the live Cypher element of Hip Hop events.
“I wanted to create a pack of drums, melodies and other textures with an organic feel. Suited perfectly for dusty, Golden Age Hip Hop, but also for more experimental Trip Hop, Downbeat production. I try to maintain an analogue warmth and grit with my productions and anyone who, like me, is mesmerised by the crackle of a vinyl, should find this Kit most satisfying!”
Influenced by Downtempo maestros including Bonobo, Kid Loco and Nujabes, and the more Instrumental Hip Hop of DJ Krush, Pete Rock and Wax Tailor, this consummate collection of Construction Kits is packed full of flavour and inspiration.
Weighing in at 1 GB, ‘Hip Hop Instrumentals’ includes 276 24-Bit samples, with 172 loops between 84 and 126 BPM, and 104 One-Shot samples. Also included are nine ready-to-play patches for Kontakt, Halion, EXS, SFZ and Reason NN-XT compatible soft samplers. Apple Loops, Reason Refill and Ableton Live versions are available to purchase separately.
In detail, ‘Hip Hop Instrumentals’ from Loopmasters includes 26 Bass Loops, 83 Drum Loops, 52 Music Loops, 11 Atmos Loops, 74 Drum One-Shots, plus 30 Hip Hop FX.
It’s not often that Loopmasters release a Hip Hop library, but when they do, they ensure that they work with only the best people to ensure a quality product.
Format Options Explained:
• Zip (main) format includes ACIDized WAV and REX2 Loops and all single (non looping) sounds and sampler patches for Kontakt, Halion, NN-XT, and EXS24 soft samplers.
• Apple Loops format includes Apple Loops and REX2 Loops and all single (non looping) sounds and sampler patches for Kontakt, Halion, NN-XT, and EXS24 soft samplers.
• Reason Refill format includes WAV and REX2 Loops and all single (non looping) sounds and sampler patches for NN-XT and Kong. Comes as a .RFL compressed file only for use within Propellerheads Reason.
• Ableton Live Pack format includes pre-warped WAV Loops and REX2 Loops and all single (non looping) sounds and sampler patches for Ableton’s Sampler. Comes as an .ALP File, only for use within Ableton Live.
If in doubt we recommend you purchase the Zip (main) format which is usable with nearly all music applications and software.
• 24-Bit Quality
• 1 GB
• 10 Hip Hop Construction Kits
• 26 Bass Loops
• 83 Drum Loops
• 52 Music Loops
• 11 Atmos Loops
• 74 Drum Hits
• 30 SFX Hits
• 174 REX2 Files
• 9 Soft Sampler Patches for Kontakt, Halion, EXS24, NN-XT and SFZ Formats.