Arturia has earned its renown as a reputable purveyor of sound-design technology in the realms of hardware, software, digital, and analog. Now, they’re back with a new entry in their V Collection series that Sweetwater’s studio experts are happy to report has earned its spot. New, next-gen modeling technology has been implemented to rebuild hallmark instruments from scratch, as well as to introduce the MS-20 V and the SQ80 V in stunning detail. The V Collection 9 bundle also expands beyond the scope of synths, pianos, organs, and keyboards to include the Augmented-series Strings and Voices collections. Thousands of expertly crafted presets have been newly designed, including dedicated presets for each included instrument and 14 new sound banks, coalescing to deliver an instrument bundle that begs you to dive deep.
New to the series, Arturia brings you the SQ80 V, their iteration of the classic SQ80 that is faithfully captured in all its hybrid analog/digital glory. The original SQ80 was a go-to for legendary filmmaker/composer John Carpenter, who made great use of its onboard effects, pads, and analog-type sounds when composing the score for 1988’s They Live. Now, all 75 waveforms, unique LFO modulations, and so much more are available right in your home studio.
The second newcomer to the fold is the MS-20 V, built off the hallmark MS-20 dual-oscillator/analog mono synth. Arturia has harnessed the full scope of the growling, low-end-friendly classic, used by the likes of Daft Punk, KMFDM, Aphex Twin, Jean-Michel Jarre, and so many more. Experience the full flexibility of the patchable connections, VCFs, and more — all from the controller of your choice.
Augmented Strings and Voices
Now that the V Collection offers more than just keys, its time you meet the Augmented series of instruments: Strings and Voices. A straightforward “Morph” function lets you freely blend multiple parameters into a hybrid sound as real or surreal as you can imagine. Augmented Strings and Voices bring a masterfully captured, multi-sample layering of acoustic double bass, cello, viola, and violin as well as powerful vocals, and then combines them with four state-of-the-art synth engines. Virtual Analog, Granular, Wavetable, and Harmonic synthesis architectures offer sounds retro, futuristic, and everything in between, ambitiously fusing with the robust acoustic strings or powerful chorus arrangements in real time to create lush soundscapes that play up to and beyond the scope of the referent aural hues.
Prophet-5 V and Prophet-VS V redux
Arturia had previously bundled the Prophet-5 V and Prophet-VS V into a single hybrid instrument. Now, the V Collection 9 has divided them into two proper, individual instruments to deliver them in their most complete forms. Moreover, Arturia and their team of sound designers have worked to completely re-engineer these classic synths from the ground up, using state-of-the-art modeling to bring you the full force of the Prophet pair’s unique nuances and circuitry.
CS-80 V: rebuilt
Taking cues from the newly-developed technologies for the V Collection 9, Arturia engineers applied their expertise to the reevaluation of the CS-80 V. This blade-running powerhouse has been gifted a new sound engine, bolstered by rebuilt DSP modeling, bringing with it advanced modulation options, vocal dispersion, and an updated advanced panel. Dive deeper into the classic polysynth made famous by the likes of Vangelis, Rick Wakeman, Stevie Wonder, Michael McDonald, Brian Eno, and countless others.
Piano V: rebuilt
Arturia’s sound design team didn’t just place their attention on V Collection’s synths. Innovative sound modeling has been applied to reconstructing the Piano V module, upgrading it into a new physical modeling instrument. This redux now features 12 piano models, including the Japanese Grand, the Piano Bar Upright, and more. All models are deeply explorable via Arturia’s advanced sonic design and spatialization tools.
And so much more…
These robust supplements to the V Collection series still deliver on everything from the previous V Collection: the Jun-6 V, OB-Xa V, Jup-8 V, Synthi V, Buchla Easel V, Mini V, Matrix-12 V, and the SEM V. Moreover, the V Collection 9 comes loaded with 14,000 presets, 14 exclusive sound banks, NKS compatibility, smart macro controls, and in-app tutorials. Plus, this is all paired with a host of performance updates and workflow improvements, making V Collection 9 an unbeatable one-stop shop for sound designers, aural architects, professional producers, and anyone looking to scratch their synth itch.
Arturia V Collection 9 Features:
- 32 virtual instruments include keyboards, synths, pianos, strings, and voices, providing a powerhouse of 8,000+ sounds
- Newly introduced Augmented Strings and Voices modules deliver new tools for unparalleled sound design, blending sample-based acoustic sound with state-of-the-art synth supplements
- 4 new instruments include the Korg MS-20 V, SQ80 V, and Augmented Strings and Voices, broadening the horizon of musical possibilities
- Prophet-5 V and Prophet-VS V have been separated into separate instruments and rebuilt from scratch to faithfully reproduce the full force of the classic synths
- The CS-80 V has also been rebuilt with a new sound engine, retooled DSP modeling, advanced modulation, vocal dispersion, and more
- Experience stunning, rich keys, thanks to a complete rebuild of the Piano V module, using a new physical modeling engine to portray 12 diverse pianos with advanced sound design controls
- Previous synths return, with the Jun-6 V, OB-Xa V, Jup-8 V, Buchla Easel V, Mini V, Matrix-12 V, and the SEM V
- Thousands of precision-engineered presets are offered across every instrument, perfect for any genre or playstyle, with 14 new sound banks
- Performance and workflow have been reengineered to improve loading times, refresh GUIs, expand user playlist functionality, and more
- Works as a standalone tool, or alongside any major DAW in VST, AAX, AU, or NKS formats on Mac or PC
- Readily integrate MIDI to expand your playing potential
What’s new in FX Collection 3…
- 4 brand-new effects: Dist Opamp-21, Dist Tube-Culture, Efx Fragments, and Tape Mello-Fi
- New A/B tool for fast comparisons of different settings, presets, etc.
- An updated user interface with lower load times and a streamlined preset browser
- Apple M1 processor compatibility
- Oversampling modes in Dist Opamp-21 and Dist Tube-Culture
- All paired with classic Arturia effects and features
Meet the new effects
- Dist Tube-Culture: modernized valve saturation at your fingertips; packed with harmonic life and additional option for oversampling
- Dist Opamp-21: rich audio saturation inspired by a classic “go direct” guitar pedal; fuses rich harmonics with high-gain crunch and an additional option for oversampling
- Efx Fragments: ultra-modern texture fragments like glitchy stutters, grainy stereo ambience, and more with powerful granular processing featuring a high degree of customization options
- Tape Mello-Fi: get vintage tape-aged warmth and nostalgic textures fast; this versatile effect features preamp, modulation, and filter/output controls for customizable lo-fi vibes
Masterful bus FX
Put a final polish on stereo stems and your full mix with Arturia’s triple-threat of bus FX: Bus Force, Comp Diode-609, and EQ Sitral-609.
- Bus Force: Arturia-original parallel processor, featuring discrete filter, EQ, compressor, and saturation modules
- Comp Diode-609: faithful emulation of a legendary bus compressor with a crunchy, vintage character
- EQ Sitral-609: musical stereo EQ based on a renowned 1970s broadcast console
Modulation effects can take your tracks from bland to bodacious, and the Arturia FX Collection has four formidable modulators on tap: Chorus Dimension-D, Phaser Bi-Tron, Flanger BL-20, and Chorus Jun-20.
- Chorus Dimension-D: warm BBD-style chorus with a simple 4-mode operation
- Phaser Bi-Tron: definitive dual phaser guitar pedal with advanced routing features
- Flanger BL-20: otherworldly modulator modeled on a cult classic rackmount flanger
- Chorus Jun-20: ultra-lush chorus from an iconic 80s analog synth
Reverb effects are vital for giving your mix a sense of space, in addition to being an integral ingredient for ambient sound design. The Arturia FX Collection brings you three vibey reverb effects: the vintage-inspired Rev Plate-140 and Rev Spring-636, and the ultra-modern Rev Intensity.
- Rev Plate-140: the smooth, rich sound of a 1970s studio-staple plate reverb
- Rev Spring-636: vibrant spring reverb inspired by a 1960s unit favored by Pete Townsend and Lee “Scratch” Perry
- Rev Intensity: innovative modern reverb for experimental music makers and sound designers
Contemporary and classic delays
From subtle slaps to swirling washes of ping-ponging repeats, Arturia’s Delay Eternity, Delay Tape-201, and Delay Memory-Brigade offer a full arsenal of echo effects.
- Delay Eternity: creative, versatile, and feature-rich contemporary delay for advanced sound design
- Delay Tape-201: gritty and atmospheric tape-style delay with multiple preamp options
- Delay Memory-Brigade: dark, modulated stereo delay, featuring an envelope follower, assignable LFO, and ping-pong mode
The Arturia FX Collection empowers you to shape any sound source with three feature-packed filter sections modeled from three celebrated synthesizers: the Filter Mini, Filter Sem, and Filter M12.
- Filter Mini: the world’s most famous 24dB per octave ladder-diode filter
- Filter Sem: coveted multimode filter with 16-step gate sequencer and noise oscillator
- Filter M12: groundbreaking 1980s filter module, boasting 15 distinct filter modes
Control your dynamics and add some old-school character with Arturia’s impeccably modeled trifecta of compressors: the Comp FET-76, Comp VCA-65, and Comp Tube-STA.
- Comp FET-76: stunning emulation of the ubiquitous workhorse studio compressor
- Comp VCA-65: accurate reproduction of a famous voltage-controlled compressor design
- Comp Tube-STA: creamy, transparent tube-style compression for larger-than-life vocals, bass, and drums
Analog console preamps are treasured for their ability to impart recordings with subtle harmonic saturation, enhanced mid-range punch, and thick, focused low end. The Arturia FX Collection delivers three sonic marvels based on revered studio classics.
- Pre V76: the sound of an iconic vintage tube console with an unmistakable tone and germanium EQ
- Pre TridA: splendid, musical EQ and the rich, full A Range tone, along with intuitive control
- Pre 1973: characterful mic preamplification and punchy “British” inductor EQ
Arturia FX Collection 3 Features:
- Collection of 26 versatile audio production plug-ins
- Blends emulations of classic studio hardware with modern digital effects for a variety of options and tools
- Effects include saturation, granular, mix bus, modulation, compression, delay, reverb, preamps, filters, and more
- 4 brand-new effects in this collection: Dist Opamp-21, Dist Tube-Culture, Efx Fragments, and Tape Mello-Fi
- 250+ presets for jumpstarting creativity with tried-and-true effects
- New oversampling modes in Dist Opamp-21 and Dist Tube-Culture for immaculate sample captures
- New A/B tool for fast comparisons of different settings and presets
- A new user interface keeps load times low and browsing presets easier than ever before
- Built-in tutorial and tips for shrinking the software learning curve
- Map parameters to your favorite MIDI controller for more hands-on tweaking
- FX Collection 3 is NKS-ready and optimized for Apple M1 processors
- Standalone, VST, AAX, AU, NKS
- Compatible with most major DAWs
- Up to 5 computer authorizations per purchase