The MainStage app for Mac has everything you need for live performance: an easy-to-use full-screen interface, customizable hardware controls, and an extensive collection of plug-ins and sounds, fully compatible with Logic Pro.
Ideal for live performances
• Perform on stage using over 100 instrument, effects and MIDI plugins, or work with Audio Units plugins.
• Add sounds from Logic Pro and GarageBand to bring studio sound to your live performances.
• Combine instruments and live audio, such as keyboards and vocals, in one Patch.
• Switch between patches without stopping sound output or interrupting held notes.
• Create complex keyboard patches using splits and layers, Arpeggiator and other MIDI plugins.
• Perform with stereo and multi-track soundtracks using the Playback plugin.
Manage your equipment
• Connect your favorite equipment and use it to perform and control plug-ins.
• Use USB and MIDI controllers to control keyboards, pedals, and drum pads.
• Easily assign physical buttons, knobs, and faders to on-screen controls.
Made for the stage
• Customizable full-screen live performance interface allows you to display only what you need while you’re on stage.
• Use full-screen contrast mode to easily view content on your Mac screen from afar.
• Choose from a variety of complex sampled instruments and play them, or create your own using Sampler and Quick Sampler.
• Turn your favorite hardware synths into sampled instruments with the new Auto Sampler plug-in.
• Easily discover sounds or create unique new sounds with Alchemy, the perfect synthesizer for sample manipulation.
• Play classic synths from the 70s and 80s using the Retro Synth plugin.
• Play realistic models of the legendary keyboards included in the Vintage B3, Vintage Electric Piano and Vintage Clav plugins.
• Perform sounds in a variety of styles using a collection of synthesizers with analog, wavetable, frequency modulated, additive, granular, spectral and modeling synthesis capabilities.
• Play deeply sampled, professionally mixed and fully customizable drum kits with Drum Kit Designer.
• Play electronic beats with the Ultrabeat drum machine.
• Create professional live arrangements from even simple melodies using 9 MIDI plug-ins.
• Instantly transform simple chords into rich harmonies during performances with the Arpeggiator plugin.
• Play one note to trigger a chord sequence predefined in the Chord Trigger plugin.
Effects for creativity and music production
• Play sounds in different acoustic spaces or with original synthesized reverb.
• Use a variety of multi-tap delay, tape delay and stereo delay effects.
• Add dynamism to your tracks using various modulation effects.
• Create the perfect mix using a rich collection of equalizers, dynamics processors and other mixing tools.
Equipment for guitar and bass guitar
• Create your own guitar and bass kits in Amp Designer using classic and modern amps, speakers and microphones.
• Create a unique set of pedals in Pedalboard from a variety of effects pedals such as delay, distortion and modulation.
• Conveniently customize the sound of your instrument by opening the Tuner in full screen.
• More than 5900 patches of instruments and effects.
• 1200 carefully sampled instruments.
• 14,750 Apple Loops in a variety of genres.
• 6 GB of free disk space for a minimal installation / 72 GB for a full Sound Library installation.
14 Mar 2022 – Version 3.6
• Updated and improved application design.
• The Sound Library is complemented by 120 patches, 50 drum kits and 2800 loops from the best modern hitmakers, including Boys Noize, Mark Lettieri, Mark Ronson, Oak Felder, Soulection, Take A Daytrip, Tom Misch and TRAKGIRL
• Added support for Korean language.
• Performance optimized for M1 Max and M1 Ultra chips in the new Mac Studio.
• The stability of the application has been improved and bugs have been fixed.